Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
We are all aware that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. You can cook squash, broccoli and cheddar soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Use 1 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic smashed.
- Provide 1 of small squash.
- Provide 3 tbsp of dried sage.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable stock.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Get 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk.
- Take 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese *.
- Take of salt & pepper *.
Steps to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds. Steam the quarters with the rind on for 30min or more, until soft. Some squash skin will be tough and should be removed once cooked, but others can be left on..
- Melt the butter with the oil in another pot and gently soften the onion and garlic. Add the squash, sage, nutmeg, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and heat on low until it is boiling..
- If you prefer you can just boil the squash – just leave it cooking in the stock for 10 minutes..
- Cut the broccoli heads into small pieces and add to the pot with the bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender to puree the ingredients in the pot..
- Return the pot to the heat add the coconut milk and half of the cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully mixed and taste the soup. Add more Cayenne for heat, and more cheese if you think it needs it. Cheddar will be salty so don't overdo the seasoning before adding the cheese..
If you find this Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.