Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect broccoli and cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to broccoli and cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cheese soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook broccoli and cheese soup:
- Provide of base.
- Take 1/2 cup of butter.
- Provide 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- Use 32 oz of frozen broccoli.
- You need 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Use 2/3 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of seasoning salt, plus more to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of each black and white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 quart of half and half.
Steps to make broccoli and cheese soup:
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, olive oil, and half and half.
- Add seasoning salt and pepper..
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, continuing to stir until cheese is melted and evenly distributed among the soup.
- Stir in garlic powder.
- In another bowl, slowly add cornstarch to water, stirring.
- Add mixture to soup slowly, stirring until an even consistency is achieved.
If you find this broccoli and cheese soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.