Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple creamy butternut squash soup recipe. You can cook simple creamy butternut squash soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- You need 1 of small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice).
- Take 2 Tablespoons of butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Take 2 cups of chopped leeks (light green and white parts only – remember to wash your leeks well!).
- Take 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped into a 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon dried).
- Use 2 cups of baked butternut squash.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable stock.
- Take 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Provide of up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others).
- Get 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk – it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy).
Steps to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter..
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily – the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.).
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes..
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so..
If you find this Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.