Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more crucial than totally changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. To make broccoli cheese soup you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Provide 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Use 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of half and half.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- Take 2 head of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- Provide 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/8 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need pinch of nutmeg.
- Provide 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.