Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's bbq chicken & bbq pulled pork sandwiches + sides recipe. To make mike's bbq chicken & bbq pulled pork sandwiches + sides you need 39 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides:
- Prepare of ● For The Chicken & Brine.
- Get 6 of LG Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Use 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Salt.
- Use as needed of Oil [to be added after brine is complete].
- You need 2 of LG Ziplock Bags.
- Prepare of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- Get 4 Bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [reserve some for sandwich toppers].
- Prepare of ● For The Corn On The Cob.
- Take as needed of Water.
- Get 12 of LG Ears Corn [shucked – boil 6 ears at a time].
- Provide 1 Cup of Whole Milk.
- Use 1 Cube of Butter.
- Take of ● For The Spicy Pulled Beef Or Pork.
- Provide 1 (3 Pound) of Beef Or Pork Shoulder Roast [your choice].
- Get 1 of Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Get 4 of Garlic Cloves [smashed & fine minced].
- Provide 1 of LG Vidalia Onion [chopped].
- Use 3 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Stock.
- Prepare 2 of LG Jalapeños [minced].
- Take 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke.
- Prepare of ● For The Additions & Garnishments.
- Provide 12 of LG Quality Buns [+ melted butter if choosing to grill or pan sear].
- Take as needed of Smoked Mozzarella Slices.
- Take as needed of Red Onions [thin sliced].
- Use as needed of Dill Pickle Slices.
- Get as needed of Tomato Slices.
- Take as needed of Cole Slaw.
- You need as needed of Lettuce.
- Take of ● For The BBQ Baked Beans.
- Get 2 (1 Pound) of Cans Pinto Beans.
- Take 1/2 Cup of White Onions [minced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [minced].
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
- Provide 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar [or more to taste].
- Use 1 tbsp of Yellow Mustard.
Steps to make Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides:
- Begin your roast by searing it on high in a slight amount of oil on all sides until browned..
- Add everything in the roast section and cover tightly. Simmer for 2 hours or until it's easily shredded apart with forks. Flip roast occasionally..
- Rinse your chicken breasts and pat dry. Create your brine by adding everything in the brine section in 2 cups hot water. Mix until fully dissolved and cooled. Add ice and ice water and cooled brine together in a gallon sized Ziplock Bag. Add chicken. Place in fridge for 1+ hours. Massage and turn bag occasionally..
- Pull your chicken and 2 by 2 – add to your second clean Ziplock Bag. With a heavy mallet – beat chicken to equal thicknesses..
- Trim any fat or anything unsightly. Lightly oil chicken breasts..
- Clean, oil and high heat your grill. Preheat grill for 15 minutes..
- Grill chicken for 3 minutes on each side with your grill covered. Grill until you achieve a slight char..
- Turn heat to medium and grill breasts on indirect heat [away from direct flames] for 7 to 10 minutes. Depending upon the thickness of your chicken breasts. Continually flip and coat with BBQ Sauce. Get ready for your grill to look a complete disaster!.
- Shuck corn and clean off fibers. Add corn to a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Add 1 cup whole milk and 1 cube butter. Bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 7 to 10 minutes depending upon size. Watch closely as the milk addition WILL cause your pot to foam over..
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes..
- Slice your BBQ chicken into strips..
- Pull your roast, shread with forks and drain. Reserve fluids for recipes later in the week..
- Place shreaded meat into a large bowl and mix in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce to your liking. Or, leave it naked and allow your guests to drizzle BBQ sauce over their sandwiches..
- Grill or pan sear your buns with butter and a light sprinkle of garlic and onion powder..
- Crispy grilled garlic buns..
- Pictured below: Grilled BBQ Sliced Chicken on a grilled seasoned bun with pickles, red onions and tomatoes. To the right – BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on a grilled seasoned bun with red onions and chilled Cole Slaw. Both topped with additional Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce..
- Fine chop your BBQ Baked Bean vegetables and place in a sealed container with a dash of water. Microwave for 2 minutes to soften. Seal and let them sweat for 5 minutes..
- Mix everything together in the BBQ Baked Beans section. Cook your beans stove top or microwave until vegetables are softened. If you have the time – sauté your vegetables in a slight amount of oil until translucent. Then add all other ingredients..
- Pictured below: Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw and BBQ Baked Beans..
- Braised and BBQ'd Pork Ribs..
- Pork Ribs with Baked Bean, Cole Slaw and Watermelon sides..
- Enjoy your Summer!.
If you find this Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.