Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tortillas with Refried Beans and Spicy Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tortillas with Refried Beans and Spicy Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snacks.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Probably the most popular treats is natural yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt unites wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tortillas with refried beans and spicy rice recipe. To make tortillas with refried beans and spicy rice you need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tortillas with Refried Beans and Spicy Rice:
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of White Rice.
- Take 1/2 of Bell Pepper Yellow.
- Take 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper.
- Get 2 of Avocados.
- Get 1 of Onions.
- You need of 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Get 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1 Cup of Lettuce Shredded.
- Prepare 2 of Corn Large on the Cob.
- Provide 2 of Tortilla Wraps.
- Take of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare of Pepper Ground (to taste).
- Get of Sugar (to taste).
- You need of Chilli Flakes (to taste).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Beans Baked.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Water.
- Take of Cheese Cheese Spread OR Grated.
- Take 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Use 2 Teaspoons of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Get 1 of Lemon.
Steps to make Tortillas with Refried Beans and Spicy Rice:
- Cook the rice: Put the rice on to cook right away. 1/2 a cup of white rice will need 2 cups of water. Leave the cooker to rest. This should take 20-30 minutes, so it's best to get started with it while you prep the rest of the ingredients..
- Holy Guacamole: Peel and chop two ripe avocado roughly into a bowl. Mash them into a chunky paste – this will take about 10 minutes. Add sugar to taste. Leave to rest on the side..
- Chop your vegetables: Finely chop 1 large onion, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 a large red pepper and 1/2 a large yellow pepper and leave them on the side. These will be cooked with the rice. Onions will be cooked with the beans..
- Chop your garnish: De-seed and finely chop 1 large tomato. Shred green, leafy lettuce. These will be used to garnish the tortilla wrap. Leave these on the side..
- Is your rice cooked: By this point, your rice should be cooked. Remove the rice from the cooker if it's an electric one. Wait for your cooker to cool if it's a pressure cooker..
- Make Spicy Rice: Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a shallow pan and let it heat. Add 2 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste and cook in the oil. Add half the cup of finely chopped onions and garlic cloves and let these cook until golden. Add cooked rice and sautee, stirring frequently, for two minutes..
- Spice up your rice: Add the yellow and red bell peppers and stir them into the rice. Add salt to taste, and liberal quantities of pepper and chilli flakes. Stir for another minute and a half. Remove from the pan and into a bowl. Leave to rest..
- Refried Beans: Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Sautee the remaining onions and garlic until golden. Take 1/2 a cup of baked beans (canned baked beans work fine) and add to the mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the pan and into a bowl. Leave to rest..
- Roasted Corn on the Cob: While your beans are frying, place two large sticks of corn on the cob over an open flame. Wait for the grains of corn to blacken and then turn the corn over with tongs. Your corn should be roasted in about 5 minutes. Rub sliced lemon over the corn to garnish..
- Tortillas with Cheese: Heat two tortilla wraps in the microwave for about 30s each. Add liberal amounts of cheese spread or grated cheese in a line down the centre of the wrap..
- Finishing touches: Add a line of refried beans over the cheese, and a line of spicy rice over the beans. Cover the rice with chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Roll the tortilla by folding the bottom and the sides inward. Repeat with the second tortilla..
- Plate Up!: Place the tortilla on a plate. Add some guacamole on the side, and the remaining spicy rice. Place the roasted corn on the cob on the side, and serve!.
If you find this Tortillas with Refried Beans and Spicy Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.