Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably buy many food items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 🌶️ teddy's indonesian sambal goreng (spicy coconut curried vegetables w tempeh) recipe. To make 🌶️ teddy's indonesian sambal goreng (spicy coconut curried vegetables w tempeh) you need 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh):
- Take of A) INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET FRIED TEMPEH (can also be eaten separately with salads as a protein topping).
- Provide of For 2 -3 servings.
- Prepare of □ 1 packet of tempeh (200g), cut into size of Lego bricks approx 1.25"x 0.5".
- You need of □ ¼ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of □ ½ tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare of □ ¾ tbsp of palm sugar or grated Gula Melaka.
- Get of □ 1 calamansi lime.
- Provide of □ Salt.
- Use of □ Olive oil spray.
- Use of □ 2½ tbsp of virgin olive oil.
- Use of B) INGREDIENTS FOR SPICE PASTE OR 'THE REMPAH'.
- Take of □ 3/4 cup of shallots, halved (about 8 -12 pcs).
- Prepare of □ 4 -5 cloves of garlic, approx 2 tbsp.
- Provide of □ One finger of turmeric, 1.25" x 0.5” x 0.5”.
- Get of □ 2 tbsp of galangal or two slices 2” x 1”.
- Provide of □ 2 stalks of lemongrass, the white part only, roughly chopped, approx. 3 tbsp.
- Use of □ 2 slices of ginger, 1.5"x 1".
- You need of □ 1/4 tsp of limes zest.
- Get of □ 3 kaffir lime leaves (optional).
- Prepare C. of INGREDIENTS TO COOK SAMBAL GORENG.
- Get of □ Rempah or Spice Paste (From B).
- You need of □ 2½ cups of long beans, 1.5" pieces, cut at an angle.
- Provide of □ 150g or about 2 cups of white button mushroom, quartered.
- Use of □ 2 red chilies, sliced bias cut and deseeded with a teaspoon.
- You need of □ 1/3 cup of Sambal Tumis (from previous recipe).
- Provide of □ 1/2 cup of coconut milk + extra.
- Take of □ 1 cup tamarind juice made from loosening 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp in water and strained.
- Use of □ Juice of 2 calamansi limes, remove any seeds.
- Get of □ ½ tbsp of palm sugar or Gula Melaka + some extra to taste.
- Get of □ Pan-fried sweet tempeh (From A).
- Provide of □ 1/3 cup of baked unsalted cashews.
- You need of □ Salt.
- Use of □ Oil.
Steps to make 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh):
- A. FRY UP TEMPEH 1. Bring a non-stick pan to medium – medium high heat. Add a light coat of oil and fry tempeh cubes with a fine dusting of salt until slightly charred or when 80 -85% of white in tempeh is no longer visible (about 10 to 15 mins) Note: Spray in more oil when it gets too dry and use a pair of tongs or chopsticks to regularly turn tempeh over to ensure even charring..
- 2. Set timer to 12 mins and cover with coriander, turmeric and another fine dusting of salt. Fry for 3 to 4 mins turning tempeh over for even coating. 3. Now add palm sugar on top. Note: if using moist or sticky palm sugar, separate clumps with fingers first and sprinkle evenly over tempeh in pan..
- 4. Squeeze in juice of lime. Toss and stir rapidly to distribute and coat sugar evenly across tempeh blocks. Fry for another 3 to 5 mins until almost all of the white is gone and the sugar has caramelized into dark glittery caramelized spots. A crisp charred ‘standalone’ tempeh is ready to be eaten as a snack, kept in fridge as protein for salads or made into Sambal Goreng as with this recipe..
- B. MAKE SPICE PASTE OR REMPAH 1. Blend all ingredients until a smooth paste. Add small amounts of water to ease the process. Reminder: Hardy root vegetables/ rhizomes like galangal should be cut into small pieces first before blending, so there are no long fibrous strands when eating..
- C. COOK SAMBAL GORENG 1. Bring a wok to medium high heat and add 3.5 tbsp of oil. 2. Fry spice paste until fragrant and cooked through, 5 to 12 mins. Normally we wait for the oil to break and float, but here (because of the healthier use of less oil) it’s enough when the spice paste turns clumpy, dry, aromatic and just before it burns to proceed with the next step..
- 3. Drop in the long beans, mushrooms and sliced chilies, spray in a small amount of oil and stir-fry with a ½ tsp of salt for 2 to 5 mins until sliced chilies slightly soften. 4. Then add the Sambal Tumis, coat well and fry for 2 to 3 mins until fragrant. 5. Now add tamarind water, lime juice, coconut milk and palm sugar. Cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 mins to allow veggies time to soften and cook through..
- 6. Add fried tempeh back into the mix with cashews, stir and reduce to a bubbling simmer for 5 mins. Slowly add salt to taste. 7. Cook until almost all the liquid evaporates or when a thick creamy gravy emerges coating the veggies. Adjust for taste further with 1 tbsp of coconut milk each time or some palm sugar to sweeten. 8.(Optional) Garnish with sliced red chilies before serving..
If you find this 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.