Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Aloo Poha recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Aloo Poha recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aloo Poha recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything right away or that you should altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aloo poha recipe. You can cook aloo poha using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Aloo Poha:
- You need 2 cups of thick Poha (rice flakes).
- You need 1 of medium Onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/3 cup).
- Use 1 of small Potato, peeled and finely chopped (approx. ½ cup).
- Provide 1/3 teaspoon of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 8-10 of Curry Leaves.
- Provide 1 of Green Chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 1 pinch of Asafoetida (Hing), optional.
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoon of Peanuts (ground nuts).
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar.
- Take 1 tablespoon of grated Coconut, optional.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Use 1/4 cup of Pomegranate Seeds, optional.
Steps to make Aloo Poha:
- Take poha in a large strainer.Wash it 1-2 times by gently swifting them with your fingers under running water. Drain the excess water through a strainer. Sprinkle salt and sugar over it, mix/toss well and keep aside..
- Heat 2-tablespoons oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds; when they start to splutter, add cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves, peanuts and a pinch of asafoetida. Allow them to sizzle until chilies turn crisp for approx. 30-40 seconds..
- Add chopped onions and sauté until onions turn translucent.Add chopped potatoes and salt (add salt only for potatoes)..
- Mix well and cook covered until potatoes turn tender. This will take around 3-4 minutes. Stir in between occasionally to prevent sticking.Add turmeric powder.Mix well and cook for a minute..
- Add soaked poha and mix it well.Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice, dry grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves.Mix well and turn off the flame. Aloo poha is ready for serving..
If you find this Aloo Poha recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.