Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Coconut Cream Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Cream Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Snacks.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
One of the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent way to enjoy a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut cream pie recipe. You can have coconut cream pie using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Cream Pie:
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of half & half.
- Get 3 tbs of flour.
- Get 1 tbs of corn starch.
- Get 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get Pinch of salt.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Use 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut flakes (sweetened).
- Use of Meringue.
- Get 1 tbs of water.
- Use 3 of egg whites.
- Provide 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Take of Pie crust (makes 2).
- Use 2 cup of flour.
- Get 2/3 cup of butter flavored crisco.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use of Cold water to form dough.
Instructions to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Pie crust.
- Add salt to flour. Cut the crisco into the flour, do not over mix. Add enough cold water to form a soft dough. Do not over knead. Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and place in a 9” pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden brown. Take out of the oven to cool..
- Cream filling.
- Mix dry ingredients with the egg yolks. In a sauce pan, add milk and half & half, and bring to a boil. Add the flour egg mixture with the vanilla to the milk mixture. Stirring until the mixture is thick like a custard consistency and no lumps. Cool at room temperature. Pour into cooled pie shell..
- Add the water, baking powder and egg whites and beat on high until soft white peaks form. Top the custard with the meringue and sprinkle the top with the coconut flakes..
- Bake pie at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes until the meringue and coconut are toasted and brown..
- Cool at room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator..
If you find this Coconut Cream Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.