Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sweet And Sour Beef recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet And Sour Beef recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet And Sour Beef recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you should altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and sour beef recipe. You can have sweet and sour beef using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet And Sour Beef:
- Take 300 grams of beef cut into thin strips.
- Get of Assorted bell peppers-red, green, yellow cut in juliennes.
- Prepare of I carrot cut in julienne(strips).
- Use 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of medium onion(red or white will do).
- Prepare of Cornflour/all-purpose flour- for thickening purposes.
- Provide 2 tbs of brown sugar +1/4 cup water.
- You need of Spices- Black pepper, chili powder, garlic, ginger, garlic powder(use what you have but one should be spicy).
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar. 1/4 cup soy sauce, salt to taste.
- Provide of spring onion/parsley for garnishing.
- Provide 3 tsp of vegetable oil or butter.
Instructions to make Sweet And Sour Beef:
- Your beef should look like this. If you are using beef chunks, you will be required to cook them for a longer period..
- Marinate them with some vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper (whatever spices you have). Let them sit aside for a few minutes. Some people will coat them with corn flour or all-purpose flour at this stage..
- Pour about 2 tbs of oil or butter in a heated pan. Place the marinated pieces but do not overcrowd them. Let them brown evenly on each side. It takes about 6-9 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your vegetables.
- Once well-browned, take your meat out of the pan. Add your garlic and onion in the same pan. Add a little oil if need be.Let the onion saute till translucent.
- Add in your vegetables, some salt(not too much since we have soy sauce), and black pepper(to give some spicy taste). Give it a good mix. Stir your sugar in about 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp of cornflour. Add in your beef and cover it with the sugar-cornflour mixture. Gently mix everything well and let it simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Once ready, garnish with some spring onion and parsley. Serve with your preferred starch.
- Some recipes will call for pineapple, honey, or ketchup to create the sweetening effect. Use the same recipe to recreate sweet and sour pork and chicken recipes.
If you find this Sweet And Sour Beef recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.