Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread recipe. You can cook mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Provide of Chicken Tortilla Soup & Garnishes.
- Use 3 lb of Shredded Chicken [rotisserie chicken preferred].
- Provide 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Each: Celery With Leaves & White Onions.
- Provide 1 cup of Fresh Carrots [chopped].
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Take 3 of large Jalapeños [diced & de-seeded].
- Take 6 of large Roasted Hatch Green Chili's Or 7 oz Can Diced Green Chil.
- Provide 1 of large Tomato Or 10 oz Can Rotell Tomatoes.
- Use 1 cup of Corn.
- Get 1 tbsp of Each: Ground Cumin – Onion Powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of Lime Salt – Sea Salt Or Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
- Get 1/3 tbsp of Coarse Ground Black Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes – Cayenn.
- You need 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic Or 1 tablespoon Powdered Garlic.
- Get 1 tsp of Lime Juice [if not using lime salt].
- Prepare 1 of 12" Flour Tortilla [cut into spoon sized bites – add in the la.
- Take 1 Handful of Mexican 3 Cheese [to tame & thicken].
- Get 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Of Your Favorite Salsa [optional-hot or mild. just for a.
- Take 1 of GARNISHES / TOPPINGS: Colored Tortillas [deep fried] Mexican 3.
- You need 1 of White Onions – Green Onions – Cilantro – Jalapeños – Lime Wedg.
Instructions to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Always keep your chicken [or other bloody meats/seafoods] away from any of your kitchen items or foods. This will help prevent any cross contamination..
- Pre-cooked and hand shredded Rotisserie Chicken seems to work best in this dish for roasted flavor purposes. It's also much less work. Just shread it into spoon sized pieces and place in a larger pot..
- If using raw chicken or chicken breasts, trim the fat and wash your chicken then simply boil them in chicken broth or water until fully cooked before going any further..
- Again, if using chicken breasts, check for doneness by sticking a knife in the thickest part of your largest chicken breast after 25 – 30 minutes of boiling. Make certain all fluids run clear and not pink. If at all pink or red in color, boil until ALL fluids run clear..
- Place everything together [other than your bite sized Tortilla pieces and anything in the GARNISHMENTS / TOPPINGS section] in the same larger shreadded chicken pot and simmer for 1 hour at a minimum. Longer if at all possible..
- In the last 5 – 10 minutes of boiling [meaning your carrots are fully cooked] add your chopped, spoon sized Flour Tortillas to your pot. These will serve you well as both a soup thickener and a tummy filler..
- To serve, ladle soup in bowl and have your guests garnish their bowls with as many GARNISHMENTS / TOPPERS as they desire. These toppings are also essential to the meal since most will actually curb much of the Scoville heat, add fantastic contrasts and flavor and round your meal all together..
- Authors Note: You can purchase multi colored, pre-fried Tortilla strips in most chain stores. However, if you cannot, simply purchase multi colored flour Tortillas, cut into thin strips and deep fry in a high heat oil until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel or equivalent. Or, you have the option of serving whole, larger, pre-packaged chips..
- Serve this soup with this EASY Cheddar Green Chile Corn Bread. Use a basic box of Jiffy Brand Corn Bread and mix according to manufacturer's directions. Add to that 1/2 cup fine chopped Hatch Green Chilies or Jalapeños, 1 teaspoon Cumin and 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle top with Cheddar as well. Bake as directed..
If you find this Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.