Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cod, Potato and Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cod, Potato and Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cod, potato and tomato soup recipe. You can have cod, potato and tomato soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cod, Potato and Tomato Soup:
- Use 2 of Lightly salted cod fillets.
- Use 1 of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Thinly sliced garlic.
- Take 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 2 of Potatoes.
- Use 1 large of Tomato.
- Provide 400 ml of Water.
- Take 1/4 of to 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
- You need 4 of Black peppercorns.
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1 of Finely chopped parsley.
Steps to make Cod, Potato and Tomato Soup:
- Thinly slice the garlic and onion. Peel the potatoes, cut into 4 large pieces and rinse. Briefly immerse the tomatoes in boiling water, then peel and roughly chop them..
- Cut the cod fillets into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper..
- Put the olive oil and garlic into a pot and turn on the heat. When the garlic is fragrant, add the onion and stir-fry over medium heat. Then add the drained potatoes and stir-fry..
- Once the onion is tender, add the water, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, bay leaf and black peppercorns. Bring to the boil and add the cod..
- Bring back to the boil and skim the scum off the surface. Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender..
- Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley. Serve piping hot..
If you find this Cod, Potato and Tomato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.