Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Power.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than processed grains found in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys french/scottish onion soup, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys french/scottish onion soup, gf df ef sf nf you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Provide 40 grams (3 tbsp) of sunflower spread or butter.
- Provide 1 tbsp of pure olive oil.
- You need 680 grams of red onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar to help caramelise the onions.
- Use 40 grams (3 tbsp) of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1 clove of very finely chopped garlic.
- Get 1 dash of Vickys Soy-Free Soy Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce, recipes both linked below.
- Provide 110 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 1900 ml of beef or mushroom stock.
- Get 3 tbsp of brandy (optional).
- Use 1 of ground black pepper & extra salt to taste.
- Provide 1 pinch of thyme leaves.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1 of french baguette, cut into rounds then thickly cubed, a gluten-free recipe from my profile is below.
- Provide 1 tsp of melted sunflower spread or butter.
- Use of as much grated cheese as you prefer to make the soup 'lid', gruyere & parmesan are the traditional choices. *I use a mixture of my own homemade coconut cheddar and Veganic brand mozzarella.
Steps to make Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Melt the butter & oil together over a medium low heat in a large stock pot. Add the onions and turn the heat to low. Give them a stir to coat in the oil then put the lid on and find something else to do for 15 minutes, don't disturb the onions.
- After the 15 minutes are up, uncover the pot, add the sugar & salt and cook the onions for at least 45 minutes, stirring frequently until they are lovely and caramelized. Don't skimp on the cooking time here. This is what builds the intense flavour base, just like a gumbo roux.
- After the onions have fully caramelized, add the garlic & flour and cook while stirring a further 3 minutes. Add the red wine and stir well scraping the bottom of the pan. Add the soy sauce/worcestershire & stock, a quarter amount at a time and stirring after each addition. Add a little pepper to taste but go easy on the salt. The cheese will add some saltiness itself and you don't want to overdo it. Turn up the heat and let simmer partially covered for 30-40 minutes, skimming if needed. Add in the thyme https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332952-vickys-soy-sauce-substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 165C / 325°F and spread the bread cubes on a lined baking tray. Toast, keeping your eye on them until they're golden all over then drizzle them with the melted spread / butter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368330-vickys-french-baguettes-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Put 6 soup bowls onto a foil-lined baking tray. Bring the soup back to the boil then add the brandy. Ladle the soup into the serving bowls, stir into each a tbsp of the cheese then top each with enough croutons to cover the soup. Top this with as much cheese as you like. Bake for 20 minutes then finish off under the grill to brown the top of the cheese. Serve immediately https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346731-vickys-coconut-cream-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335730-vickys-coconut-milk-cheddar-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339693-vickys-velveeta-cheese-with-vegan-options.
- This is a kind of french/scottish onion soup fusion. Scottish style includes a leek, the garlic, worcestershire sauce and thyme where french does not. Also the bread is cubed where french style is to leave it in thick slices.
If you find this Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.