Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically change your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not want to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato casserole recipe. To make sweet potato casserole you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Prepare 4 of large sweet potatoes or 5 medium.
- Take 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of Optional Topping :.
- You need of Mini Marshmallows.
- Use of or.
- You need of Crunchy Pecan Struesel :.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Take 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Start by roasting the sweet potatoes in a 400°F oven until they are tender. Set them aside until they are cooled enough for you to handle them. Or you could also cook them in the slow cooker. Just wash them, place them in the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until they can be easily pierced with a fork..
- Once the potatoes are cooled a bit, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with foil (for easy cleanup) and grease it. Set it aside..
- Place the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash well. Then add in the butter, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and beaten eggs. Mix until it's all combined. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking pan..
- For the struesel (if using), just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it all together until it's all moistened and combined..
- If using the struesel, top with it and bake for 30 minutes. If topping with marshmallows, then bake for the 30 minutes, then place the marshmallows over the top and switch the oven to broil, just until the marshmallows begin to brown. Keep a close eye on them once the broiler is on so as not to burn them..
- To prepare this in advance, prepare everything through step 3, then cover the baking pan with foil and place in the fridge until ready to bake. Take the pan out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you're ready to place it in the oven, to bring it back closer to room temperature, then bake as directed..
If you find this Sweet Potato Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.