Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tikka Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One wholesome alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tikka masala recipe. To cook chicken tikka masala you only need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Use 4 of skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- Provide 1 of For the marinade:.
- Get 2 tbsp of curry powder, mild or medium.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1 tbsp of finely grated, peeled fresh ginger.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Get 1/2 cup of natural yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt flakes.
- Prepare 2 of For the masala sauce:.
- Get 1 tbsp of vegetable oil + 1 teaspoon to fry chicken.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely grated, peeled fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped small.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic clove, crushed.
- Use 1 tbsp of mild or medium curry powder.
- Provide 1 can of Cream of Tomato soup.
Instructions to make Chicken Tikka Masala:
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish or large bowl..
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces..
- Mix the chicken pieces into the marinade, cover and refridgerate for 1-3 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large non stick pan. Add in the onions, garlic and ginger and cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring for another 2 minutes..
- Open the soup and pour it in (if using normal soup, you may just quarter fill the can with water, swill it around to get all the soup from around the sides and pour that in, but if it's concentrated soup, use a can and a half of water).
- Cook for 5 minutes, then blend until smooth (being careful with hot liquids).
- Heat the teaspoon of oil in a large pan (use the same one you used for the sauce, washed and dried, if you used a liquizer to blend your sauce).
- On a medium high heat, fry the marinated chicken, stirring to prevent sticking, for 3 minutes..
- Add the sauce back over the chicken and heat through until the chicken is thoroughly cooked (5-10 minutes, maybe longer…if, like me you are completely mad about getting chicken cooked right through! You may just need to add a little water to stop it drying out).
- Serve with plain boiled rice, fragrant spiced rice or naan breads..
If you find this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.