Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe. You can have smoked mussel and saffron soup using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Use 2 lbs of fresh mussels.
- You need 500 ml of fish stock.
- Provide 500 ml of white wine.
- Use 500 ml of clam nectar.
- Use 2 sprigs of lemon balm.
- Prepare 2 stalks of lemon grass.
- Take 2 tsp of saffron.
- Use 2 cups of apple wood chips.
- Prepare 5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 1 litre of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 strips of bacon.
- Get 125 ml of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Use 1 of shallot.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- Use 1 of baby Yukon gold potato (aka golden nugget).
- Use 2 of gherkin pickles.
Instructions to make Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Put white wine, lemon balm, thyme and lemon grass in a sauce pot and reduce by half.
- Place saffron in 1cup of steaming hot water cover and put aside..
- Smoke 10-15 mussels in a skillet. Do this by placing the wood chips in the skillet dry and bringing to a smoulder. Wrap the mussels in tin foil, poke some holes in it and place in the skillet with the wood chips. Cover and smoke for 5-10 mins..
- Once shells have opened, remove meat, place in a blender with the clam nectar and blitz!.
- Combine all liquids except saffron in a sauce pot and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to a simmer and liquid to 3/4 of original amount..
- Strain saffron tea through a fine sieve into the broth. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You should now have a vibrant yellow and Smokey broth..
- Fine dice the carrot, shallot, celery, potato and bacon. Sweat until soft and set aside to cool..
- Once all is cool, fine dice the gherkins and mix all together with mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste..
- You now have remoulade..
- In a covered sauce pan add saffron broth and enough mussels for 3 mussels per person to be served. *I use clams as well to add variety and texture..
- Place a spoon full of remoulade in the center of a shallow soup bowl..
- Once the mussels have opened in the broth, place them around the remoulade and add the broth..
- Garnish with a nice green herb of your choice and enjoy.
- Chili oil is an optional garnish that adds to the smokey flavour and brings an element of heat to the dish..
If you find this Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.