Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Just about the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it’s a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to candied sweet potatoes recipe. You can cook candied sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Prepare 5 of medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, sliced in half.
- Provide 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- Get 2 tbsp of water.
- Get 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make Candied Sweet Potatoes:
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9×13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil..
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark..
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve..
If you find this Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.