Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably purchase lots of items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's garlic and asparagus soup with chilli prawn garnish recipe. To cook sig's garlic and asparagus soup with chilli prawn garnish you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish:
- Take 1 kg of fresh green or white asparagus or use 4 cans of asparagus..
- Get 12 clove of garlic I used smoked garlic.
- Prepare 25 grams of butter.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Provide 1 liter of vegetable stock ( use less if you use the canning water).
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of water ( cold).
- You need 150 grams of precooked large peeled prawns.
- Provide 1 of or two pinch each of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Provide 1 tbsp of of dried wild garlic or 2 tablespoon of fresh wild garlic.
- Get 100 ml of whipping cream (optional).
- You need 1 pinch of of chilli flakes.
- Take 12 of asparagus tips.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Instructions to make Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish:
- Trim the hard, woody ends of the fresh asparagus and cut into about 1 inch pieces..
- Soften 8 or 9 cloves garlic in 4 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes. Melt the butter in a flame proof dish . Add asparagus and sauté for about 6 minutes . Do not fry or brown ..
- Add the stock, the softened garlic with water, and any canning juices if using canned asparagus..
- Skim if necessary. Simmer for about 5 minutes . Remove twelve of the fresh asparagus tips..
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and the wild garlic..
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes if using fresh asparagus. If using canned cook for about ten minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth..
- Return into pan over low heat .You can now thicken the soup with cornflour if you like it to be a thicker soup. Do this by blending the cornflour with the 1 1/2 tablespoon of water .Whisk this into the simmering soup to thicken it. You can now add the cream if using it..
- Heat the olive oil , cut the remain garlic into very thin slices. Add the chilli flakes to oil and the garlic and heat gently until garlic starts to just brown on the edges. Add the prawns and heat through for a few minutes . No longer as they will turn rubbery as they are cooked already..
- Put the soup into warmed plates and garnish with the prawns, asparagus tips and the chilly and garlic oil..
If you find this Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.