Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Use 6-8 cups of cubed chicken.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- Use of Chili powder (to taste).
- Provide of Cayenne (optional, to taste).
- You need of Onion powder (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (or more).
- Prepare 8 of corn tortillas in 1-inch strips (or just buy a bag of chips).
- Get 3/4 cup of finely chopped white onions.
- Use 2-3 of chopped bell peppers.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Take 1/2 cup of seeded, chopped tomatoes (optional).
- Use 1 tablespoon of minced Serrano chilies (optional).
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 3 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (or more).
- You need 1 of avacodo.
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil over high heat in a large pot..
- Fry the tortillas in batches until golden brown on both sides, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels..
- Season the cubed chicken with the onion powder, salt, and cover in chili powder, add a touch of cayenne if desired..
- Cook the seasoned chicken in a pan..
- Saute the onion, and bell peppers. Throw the garlic in near the end..
- Put everything except the avacodo in a pot and simmer for about 10 minutes (or until how you like)..
- Cut avacodo into small pieces and put into soup before serving..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.