Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken & Okra Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken & Okra Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Okra Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & okra soup recipe. You can have chicken & okra soup using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken & Okra Soup:
- Provide 3 Tablespoons of Oil of your choice.
- Get 4 of Capfuls of Apple Cider Vinegar (optional).
- Prepare 6 1/4 cups of water.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of Parsley Flakes.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of Basil Leaves (minced).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of (non-spicy) Chili Powder.
- Take Pinch of Sea Salt.
- Use 1/2 Tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- Provide 1 Pound of Chicken Wings.
- Prepare 1 bag of Frozen Okra (9 oz) [I got from Dollar Tree].
- Provide of Rice (optional).
- Prepare 1 Cup of White Rice.
- Prepare 1.5 Cups of Water.
- Provide Pinch of Salt.
Instructions to make Chicken & Okra Soup:
- First cut chicken into sections separating wing tip from drumstick and flat. Lightly season chicken with pinch of each seasoning. Set aside..
- While preparing chicken, heat oil in deep pot over medium heat..
- After oil has been on/heating up for about 2-3 minutes add chicken to pot(being careful not to drop in or oil could splash).
- Fry/sear chicken for 5-7 minutes ensuring each side is cooked and chicken gains slight golden brown color..
- Next add the remainder of your seasonings as well as the 6 1/4 cups water and apple cider vinegar to pot with chicken. (There should still be some oil in the bottom of the pot).
- Cook (boiling) over medium high heat for 25-30 minutes until flavors marry and flavors become aromatic..
- After chicken and soup has been boiling for about 30 minutes, add okra and boil for 4-5 minutes..
- Soups done!.
- Rice instructions (optional).
- Add 1.5 cups of water and pinch of salt to small pot. Bring to boil over medium-high heat..
- Once boiling add rice to pot and stir occasionally until water has been absorbed/cooked off. (I like to add a small dash or butter or oil when water is almost fully out).
If you find this Chicken & Okra Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.