Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes recipe. You can cook apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes:
- Take 6 each of med sweet potatoes.
- Provide 1/2 cup of cubed butter.
- Take 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated orange peel.
- You need 1 each of medium apple chopped.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- Provide 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice for topping if desired.
- Take 1 cup of mini marshmallos if desired.
Instructions to make Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes:
- prep time 45 mins, bake approx 1 and 1/2 hours total plus cooling.
- scrub and pierce potatoes with a fork. place in foil lined 15 X10 by 1inch baking pan. bake at 400degrees for 45~60 minutes or until tender.
- when cool, cut a thin slice from top of each potato; discard. scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells; transfer to a large bowl. mash with butter, brown sugar and orange peel. fold in apple and pecans.( if desired and you wish, you could add a little more brown sugar or butter to taste: I did, just a bit).
- spoon into potatoes shells. return to baking pan. bake 15~20 mins longer or until heated through..
- if you choose to top with shredded cheese , or marshmallows, you could add it during the last step to melt :-).
If you find this Apple and pecan stuffed /baked sweet potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.