Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's 40 clove baked garlic stuffed game hens & veggies recipe. You can have mike's 40 clove baked garlic stuffed game hens & veggies using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies:
- Take 2 (5 oz) of Game Hens [de-thawed – rinsed – dabbed dry inside & out].
- You need 40 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole – trim brown ends + 15 additional cloves for veggie bake].
- Take 1 of LG Lemon [quartered].
- Prepare 1 Bag of Baby Potatoes [cleaned – left whole].
- Get 2 of Bibs Celery [+ leaves – 1" chop].
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Baby Carrots [sliced in half].
- You need 1/2 of Medium Red Onion [quartered].
- You need 1/2 of Medium White Onion [quartered].
- Take 1/2 Cup of Green Onions [sliced].
- Prepare 1 of Green Bell Pepper [sliced].
- Prepare 1 Stick of Quality Salted Butter.
- Get 1 Can (14 oz) of Chicken Broth.
- Provide 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Provide 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Use 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need of as needed as needeToasted Baguette Slices [with olive oil – served as a side].
- Use of as needed Chicken Stuffing [to be used as a bed for hens].
Instructions to make Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies:
- Here's about all you'll need..
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°..
- Trim the brown ends from your garlic. Stuff/pack de-thawed, rinsed hens innards with whole fresh garlic, [20 cloves a piece] lemon quarters and slivers of sliced onions. Tie off your hens legs with butchers twine to seal in your vegetables..
- Gently lift hen skins, rub in olive oil and season with a bit of lemon juice, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning underneath..
- Rinse and chop vegetables and place at the base of your pan. Add 14 oz Chicken Broth, 1 cube of butter, [sliced] 15 garlic cloves, sea salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning and Lemon Pepper..
- Sprinkle chicken broth vegetable coated tops with sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper and Italian Seasoning..
- Place hens on an elevated rack just above your veggies and coat them with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle tops with salt, pepper, dried Parsley, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning..
- Wrap up hens and vegetables tightly with tinfoil. You'll want these hens and vegetables to steam together..
- Bake at 425° for 1.5 hours. To check for doneness – pierce the thickest piece of your largest hen with a knife. If its fluids run clear – you're good to go. Or, if your hens register 165° F with a thermometer. Also, use your carrots as your best [doneness] indicator for your veggies. If a knife slides easily thru them – everything else is fully baked. Including your potatoes..
- Once fully baked – raise oven temp to 450° – remove tinfoil – and allow hen skins to crisp for 10 minutes longer..
- Serve on a bed of Chicken Stuffing. Garnish with fresh parsley. Authors Tip: Make an easy 5 minute microwavable Chicken Stove Top Stuffing. But, substitute chicken broth for any water called for and add 2 tbsp dried onions and 1 tbsp dried parsley to that mixture. These easy steps really do make for a memorable stuffing..
- Bake or toast your Baguette Bread lightly coated with olive oil. You'll want this side dish for all of the delicious garlic, lemon and onions retrieved from your hens stuffing. It makes a great spread once mashed. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's 40 Clove Baked Garlic Stuffed Game Hens & Veggies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.