Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe. You can have baked apple and sweet potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Get 4 large of apples.
- Provide 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Get 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- You need 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
Steps to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
If you find this Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.