Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most likely pick out a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pecan crusted chicken with baked sweet potatoes & maple-jalapeno sour cream recipe. You can have pecan crusted chicken with baked sweet potatoes & maple-jalapeno sour cream using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream:
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Prepare of Dipping Mixture.
- Use 2 of egg whites.
- Provide 1 of juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need of Crusting Mixture.
- Provide 1 cup of coarse dry breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
- Take 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of zest of 1 lemon.
- Get 3/4 cup of finely chopped pecans.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Take 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need of Baked sweet potatoes with maple-jalapeno sour cream.
- Take 4 of sweet potatoes, scrubbed & dried.
- Take 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain yogurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of jalapeno, seeded, minced.
- Use 1 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- Get 1 of salt, to taste.
- Get 1 of tabasco, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of crumbled bacon.
- You need 1 of sliced scallions.
Steps to make Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream:
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Prep chicken breasts by halving & pounding. Meanwhile, rub scrubbed, dried sweet potatoes with oil & salt. Bake in oven directly on rack for 40-45 minutes or until soft when pierced. Combine all topping ingredients & chill..
- Whisk egg whites, cornstarch & lemon juice in shallow dish for dipping mixture..
- Add pecans, herbs & spices to the crusting mixture..
- Dip & crust chicken, then air-dry on rack 20-30 minutes..
- Saute chicken in olive oil until golden, about 3 minutes..
- Flip chicken, then transfer to oven. Roast 8-10 minutes or until cooked through..
If you find this Pecan Crusted Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes & Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.