Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to twice baked potatoes with goat cheese, carmalized onions and bacon recipe. You can have twice baked potatoes with goat cheese, carmalized onions and bacon using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon:
- Provide 2 large of baking potatoes.
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of sea salt (1/2 tsp per potato).
- Take 1 cup of sliced red onion.
- Get 2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of dry sherry or white wine.
- You need 8 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled.
- You need 4 oz of goat cheese, softened.
- Use 6 tbsp of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of thyme.
- Take 2 tsp of parsley.
Instructions to make Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 400º..
- On a piece of foil, place baked potato and pierce several times with a fork to vent steam while cooking. Add olive oil and sea salt to coat each potato. Rub to coat the entire potato. Wrap in foil and bake for 1 hour until fork tender..
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium pan with onions and sugar. Saute for 10-12 minutes until carmalized. Add sherry/wine and stir onions while scrapping up loose bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until liquid is evaporated..
- In a small bowl add bacon, goat cheese, carmalized onions, thyme, salt & pepper. Mix well. Set aside..
- Once potatoes are cooked and cooled, cut out the center of each potato. Scoop all of the potato from the center and place in a large bowl..
- To the potato pulp, add heavy cream, salt & pepper, parsley and the other 3 tbsp.of butter.Mix well with a mixer to blend until potatoes are creamy and seasonings are well combined..
- Fill potato skins up with mashed potatoes just creamed..
- Add carmalized onion mixture to the top of potatoes and broil until cheese is melted and topping is golden brown. Enjoy!.
If you find this Twice Baked Potatoes with Goat Cheese, Carmalized Onions and Bacon recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.