Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup recipe. You can cook mike's spicy mexican sick day chicken noodle soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You need 4 (14 oz) of Cans Chicken Broth.
- Use 2 of Heaping Cups Pre-Cooked Shreaded Chicken [packed].
- Provide 1 Can (28 oz) of Green Tomatoes [aka Tomatillos – smashed by hand].
- Take 2 (4 oz) of Cans Diced Hatch Green Chilies.
- Get 1 Can (10 oz) of ROTEL Tomatoes [with green chile].
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin [+ 1/2 tbsp reserves before serving].
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [minced].
- Get 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Get 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- Get 2 Stalks of Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- Take 2 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- You need 2 of LG Carrots [small chopped].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [minced].
- Use 2 tbsp of Fresh Mexican Basil.
- Get to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Chicken Bullion Or Salt [feel free to add extra salt to this dish. your kiddos will definitely need a little encouragement to drink more fluids while sick. but still, ALWAYS refer to your pediatrician first].
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Mexican Beer [optional].
- Prepare of Lemon Wedges [optional].
- Take 1 tbsp of Lime Juice [or to taste + reserve wedges].
- Use of Avocados [garnish].
- Provide as needed of Egg Noodles.
- Provide as needed of Baking Soda [acid reducer].
Steps to make Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Small chop all of your vegetables and throw everything [except for anything listed as reserves, garnish or noodles] in a large pot. Boil on high for 20 minutes covered. Or, until your small chopped carrots are softened. They're your best [doneness] indicator..
- At 20 minutes, boil your egg noodles as per manufactures directions. Usually 7 minutes – in a separate pot. If not boiled in a separate pot, you'll dust up your soup with a carb clouded murky broth. Yuck! Do the same with your rice if you choose to employ it. Add 1 tsp salt and a dash of oil to your noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Drain and add noodles to your soup. Do not rinse your noodles..
- ● Important Steps: Taste test your soup. If you feel your broth is too acidic based upon the high amounts of green/red tomatoes, jalapeños and lemon/lime juice, add a good pinch of baking soda while your soup is at a heavy boil. She'll foam up quite a bit she'll settle right down when stirred. So, no worries. Add another pinch of baking soda if you feel it's needed after a minute or so. Also, add additional 1/2 tbsp Cumin to your pot just before serving. You'll want that extra kick! Add water as needed for additional broth. Sick kids throats do appreciate their hot broth! I also add additional fresh chilled cilantro [my kids do love their cilantro!] and mix gently just prior to serving..
- Serve soup piping hot with chilled lime or lemon wedges, [both work quite well, especially on sore throats!] fresh cilantro, avocado slices, tortilla chips [if only to serve their scratchy little throats!] and fresh flour tortillas as an absorbent tummy filler. A dollop of sour cream is also a great addition if, they don't have upset tummies. Any creams will only curdle in their tiny stomachs. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's Spicy Mexican Sick Day Chicken Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.