Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic recipe. You can have chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- Provide 1 Tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil.
- Provide 3-4 of medium carrots peeled and cut into roughly 1/4" thick discs.
- Get 1 of medium white or yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of large stems of celery (depending on how much you like celery flavor), chopped.
- You need of the white part of one leek, well washed and julienned.
- Provide 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (you'll want at least half dark meat for fat and flavor).
- You need 10 cups of water.
- Take 1.5 Tablespoons of salt to start.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Provide 1 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice.
Instructions to make Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- In a large pot, heat the oil to medium high. Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add thyme, bay leaves, chicken, and water..
- Add salt and parsley and give it a few gentle stirs..
- Turn heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After 20 minutes, add Jasmine rice, turn heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If seasoning is to your liking, you can turn off the heat. If you need to adjust seasoning, adjust then simmer for another 5 minutes..
- That's it! Enjoy (and feel better!). :).
If you find this Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.