Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) recipe. You can cook pho ga (vietnamese chicken noodle soup) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Get 1100 g of whole chicken.
- Use 3 of thumb-size ginger, peeled and cut vertically.
- You need 3-4 of medium onion, peeled and cut i to half.
- Take 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get 2-3 pieces of star anise.
- Prepare 4-5 pieces of cloves or 1 tbsp coriander seeds.
- Take 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 liters of water.
- Use of Pho rice noodles, cooked per packaging instruction.
- Use of Garnish.
- Take 1 cup of bean sprout.
- You need 1 of large white onion, slices thinly.
- Provide 1/2 of cut spring onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of coriander leaves.
- You need of Lemon or lime.
Instructions to make Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup):
- Parboil chicken per about 1 minute and then drain all the water to remove any gunks. Set aside..
- In a pan, dry roast ginger and onion until slightly browned. Transfer into the pot with chicken..
- In the same pan, roast over low heat cinnamon stick, star anise, and coriander seeds. The original recipe made use of a 1 black cardamon (cracked open) but I prefer to leave this one out. Roast for 1 minute until fragrant. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Place everything in a spice pouch and then transfer into the chicken pot. Note: if you are replacing coriander seed with cloves, add the cloves 20 minutes prior to end of the cook to maximize the flavor..
- Put 2 liters if water into the chicken pot with the ginger, onion and spice pouch. Put 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil then turn to low heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes..
- After 20-25 minutes, check if chicken is cooked through. Try to poke with a pork and see if the juice coming out is still pinkish..
- Once you see that it is cooked, turn off heat and take the chicken out. Put it in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Once cooled, pick out the meat of the chicken off the bones and set aside..
- Return the chicken bones and carcass into the pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes. You may want to add more salt as preferred. Add the cloves (if using) 20 minutes prior to turning the heat off..
- To serve, put the pho rice noodles in a bowl. Top with shredded chicken meat and garnish with thinly sliced onion, bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chopped spring onion. Ladle 1-2 cups of the soup base. Serve hot..
If you find this Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.