Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people take for granted. Occasionally people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. Along with calcium, it’s a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive system work properly depending upon the culture used to make it. Try adding some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent approach to enjoy a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. You can cook caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- You need 1 medium of fryer chicken(whole).
- Get 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 medium of chayote squash.
- Provide 4 large of carrots.
- Use 1 large of green plantain.
- Provide 2 large of white potatoes.
- Provide 1 large of yuka.
- Provide 3 small of roma tomatoes.
- Get 2 medium of zucchini squash.
- Use 1 large of sweet vidalia onion.
- You need 2 of ears of fresh corn.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or culantro.
- Get 1 dash of salt to taste.
- Get 1 dash of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr ).
Steps to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot..
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides..
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender..
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup..
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl..
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka..
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl..
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl..
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl..
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl..
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl..
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW..
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish..
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot..
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender..
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes..
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish..
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!.
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!.
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.