Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. You can have copycat panera bread french onion soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- Get 2 can of Beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Take 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- Take 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Use of garnish.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Parsley.
- You need 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Take 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- Get 1 of Butter.
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.