Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Budae jjigae recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Budae jjigae recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Budae jjigae recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you probably buy many food items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to budae jjigae recipe. To cook budae jjigae you need 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Budae jjigae:
- You need 200 g of minced beef.
- Provide 100 g of thin rice noodles.
- Take 200 g of can Spam, drained, cut into 5 mm-thick slices.
- You need 2 of American hot dogs, cut into thirds, scored widthwise.
- Take 250 g of firm tofu, drained, cut into 5 mm-thick slices.
- Provide 200 g of small shiitake mushrooms, trimmed.
- Provide 220 g of can baked beans.
- Take 1 cup of kimchi (see Note).
- Get 2 litres (8 cups) of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 of small leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Use 1 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Get 120 g of packet ramen instant noodles.
- Provide 2 of pre-packaged cheese slices.
- Provide of sliced spring onions, sliced chillies and bean sprouts, to serve.
- Take of gochujang sauce.
- Provide 70 g (1/4 cup) of gochujang (see Note).
- Provide 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Provide 3 cm of piece ginger, finely grated.
- You need 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of powdered fermented soybeans (see Note).
- Use 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
Instructions to make Budae jjigae:
- To make gochujang sauce, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine..
- Combine beef and 1 tbsp gochujang sauce in a small bowl and marinate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Drain..
- In a large casserole pan, arrange Spam, hot dogs, tofu, mushrooms, baked beans, kimchi and beef..
- Place chicken stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a rapid simmer. Stir in fish sauce and remaining gochujang sauce. Gently pour hot stock mixture over ingredients in casserole pan (taking care to keep arrangement intact), cover and simmer gently over medium heat for 15 minutes or until beef is just cooked..
- Add leek, onion and ramen noodles (without seasoning mixture from packet) and push gently to submerge in broth. Cook, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until noodles are cooked. Turn off heat, place cheese slices over the centre of the stew and stand for 5 minutes, or until melted. Scatter with spring onions, chillies and bean sprouts..
- To serve, divide rice noodles between bowls and top with stew ingredients and liquid. NOTES Resting time 5 minutes Kimchi is from Korean food shops. Gochujang is a Korean red pepper paste and is available from Korean food shops. Powdered fermented soybeans are from Korean or Asian food shops. Substitute with tamari, a sweeter alternative to soy sauce, from supermarkets and health food shops..
If you find this Budae jjigae recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.