Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked Ziti recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Ziti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Ziti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked ziti recipe. You can cook baked ziti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Ziti:
- Prepare 1 lb of dry ziti pasta.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 lb of italian sausage (or ground beef…I like ground sausage better).
- Take 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Provide 2 of jars of spaghetti sauce (26 oz each).
- Get 6 oz of provolone cheese (9-12 round slices).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Take 8 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Provide 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Provide of butter.
Steps to make Baked Ziti:
- Cook pasta according to package..
- In a large skillet, brown onion and sausage ovef medium heat. Drain the fat. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning and simmer for 15 mins..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of the sauce mixture, provolone cheese, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining sauce mixture and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top then the grated parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 30 minutes in ghe preheated oven or until cheeses are melted. You may want to cover it for the first 20 minutes with foil and then let the cheese melt and brown for the last 10 minutes..
- Optional: Serve with garlic knots (our fav) or garlic toast. Enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Ziti recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.