Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make chicken tortilla soup you only need 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Take 4 cups of diced chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's).
- Use 2 (48 oz) of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (4.5 oz) of chopped green chilies.
- Use 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- Take of (blended).
- Provide 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Take 1 (15 oz) of corn drain juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- Get 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Use 1 of diced sweet onion.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Get 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 stick of butter.
- Provide of White cheese shredded.
- Prepare Strips of Texas Toast Tortilla.
- Take 1 of avocado sliced.
- Get to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Boil 4 chicken breast, cool and dice or if in a hurry buy a rotisserie chicken and debone 4 cups..
- In a large soup pot on medium high, saute' the diced onions, and garlic in the butter..
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and 1 cup of uncooked rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes..
- Add the diced chicken, green chilies, blended tomatoes, 6 cups of chicken brooth, diced cilantro. Add all seasonings. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes. Add extra chicken broth if needed..
- In a large soup cup place some of the tortilla strips, and cheese then add the soup with 1 to 2 slices of avocado. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.