Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. Even more important than entirely modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. To make broccoli cheese soup you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- You need 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of half and half.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 head of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/8 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get pinch of nutmeg.
- Get 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.