Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can cook minestrone soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Minestrone Soup:
- Prepare 225 g of onion (1 large – chopped) / 8 oz..
- You need 175 g of carrot (3 medium – cubed) / 6 oz..
- Use 450 g of potato (2 large – peeled and cubed) / 16 oz..
- Prepare 250 g of celery (3 sticks – sliced) / 9 oz..
- Take 125 g of cabbage (shredded) /4½ oz..
- Provide 125 g of spinach (chopped /4½ oz..
- Provide 1 400 g of plum tomatoes x chopped / 14oz. cans.
- Prepare 1 400 g of butter cannellini beans x or / 14oz. cans.
- Use 150 g of spaghetti , broken into short lengths / 5 oz..
- Use 4 tablespoons of tomato purée (or cassata).
- Prepare 1.75 litres of vegetable stock / 60 fl. oz..
- Get 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian herbs.
- Use ½ teaspoon of pepper ground.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Microwave the onion and carrot together for 4 minutes..
- Microwave the potato and celery together for 4 minutes..
- While the potato and celery are microwaving put the onion and carrot in a large lidded pan, well sprayed with Spray2Cook, on a high heat..
- Stir regularly to ensure nothing sticks. Add the potato and celery and (hot) stock. Add the beans, plum tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the pasta, cabbage and spinach – return to a simmer for 15 minutes..
- Check the pasta is cooked to you liking and serve..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.