Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
We all know that consuming healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and winter vegetable soup recipe. You can cook ham and winter vegetable soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- You need 2 litres of ham stock.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Take 1 of parsnip.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato.
- Get 1 of bayleaf.
- Get 1 can of white beans, cannellini or similar.
- Provide of Leftover pieces of ham or bacon lardons.
- Get of Black pepper.
Steps to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- If you are starting with some ham stock and the ends of a joint, strip the bone and place it in the stock and boil for about 45 minutes. Remove the bone from the stock and strip off any leftover pieces of meat, set these aside and discard the bone..
- Prepare the vegetables, peel and chop them into neat pieces, around the same size, the same way as you would for a minestrone..
- Add the vegetables to the stock together with the bayleaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then add the drained, rinsed beans and plenty of black pepper. You might not want to use all the beans, I used just over a half..
- When all the vegetables are soft – check each type – add the pieces of ham, taste for seasoning and add black pepper if needed. You won't need any salt..
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of soup into a jug or bowl and process with a stick blender until completely smooth, then pour back into the soup, this gives the soup a creaminess, you could leave it as more of a minestrone clear broth, or process all of it, depending on how you like your soup. Serve hot in warmed bowls..
If you find this Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.