Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us feel better in our bodies. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt is a snack many individuals ignore. Occasionally people elect to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is made up of tons of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by most people. Try putting in some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This reduces your sugar intake without minimizing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can cook minestrone soup using 18 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Use 1 of red onion.
- Get 2 of carrots.
- Provide 2 stalks of celery.
- Take 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- Provide 1 of large potato.
- Provide 1 of x 400g (15 oz) tin or can of cannellini beans.
- You need 2 slices of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon.
- Use of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Get 1 of fresh bay leaf.
- Get 2 of x 400g (14-oz) tins or cans plum tomatoes.
- You need 1 litre (4 cups) of organic vegetable stock.
- You need 1 of large handful of seasonal greens, such as savoy cabbage, curly kale, chard.
- Provide 100 g (4 oz) of wholemeal pasta.
- You need 1/4-1/2 bunch of fresh basil (optional).
- Take of Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic..
- Peel and finely chop the onion..
- Trim and roughly chop the carrots..
- Trim and roughly chop the celery..
- Trim and roughly chop the courgette/zucchini..
- Then add the vegetables to a large bowl..
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways..
- Wash them under running water….
- Then cut into 1cm slices. Add to the bowl..
- Scrub and dice the potato..
- Drain the cannellini beans, then set aside..
- Finely slice the bacon..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon….
- And fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden..
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette/zucchini, and leek..
- Add oregano and bay..
- Cook slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potato, cannellini beans and plum tomatoes…..
- Then pour in the vegetable stock..
- Stir well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon..
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through. Meanwhile….
- Remove and discard any tough stalks bits from the greens….
- Then roughly chop..
- Using a rolling pin, bash the pasta into pieces while it’s still in the packet or wrap in a clean tea towel..
- To check the potato is cooked, pierce a chunk of it with a sharp knife – if it pierces easily, it’s done..
- Add the greens and pasta to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente..
- This translates as ‘to the tooth’ and means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of a bite and firmness to it..
- Try some just before the time is up to make sure you cook it perfectly..
- Add a splash more stock or water to loosen, if needed..
- Pick over the basil leaves (if using) and stir through..
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then serve with a grating of Parmesan and a slice of wholemeal bread, if you like..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.