Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy pumpkin mac & cheese recipe. To make creamy pumpkin mac & cheese you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese:
- Get 360 g of rigatoni.
- Provide 2 of onions, finely chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 4 tsp of paprika powder.
- Take 4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1 of small (600 g) pumpkin, cubed.
- Take 300 ml of vegetable broth.
- Take 300 g of spinach.
- Provide 100 g of grated cheddar.
- Prepare 150 g of grated old cheese.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get of pumpkin seeds (optional garnish).
Instructions to make Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese:
- Boil plenty of water in a saucepan with a lid for the rigatoni and cook the rigatoni, covered, for 13-15 minutes. Then drain but keep some of the cooking water. Leave to steam without a lid..
- Cut the onion into half rings. Crush or chop the garlic..
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan with a lid over medium heat and fry the onion, garlic and paprika powder for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin cubes and the dried thyme and stir fry for 4 – 6 minutes. Deglaze with the stock and cook, covered, 8-11 minutes, or until the pumpkin cubes are soft..
- Puree with a hand blender. Add a splash of milk or some cooking water if the sauce is too thick..
- Add the spinach, 3/4 of the cheddar, 3/4 of the old cheese and the rigatoni to the pumpkin sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper and heat for 1 minute more..
- Transfer in an oven dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake the pasta dish in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned..
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan, without oil, over medium heat and roast the pumpkin seeds until they start to pop. Use to garnish..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Creamy Pumpkin Mac & Cheese recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.