Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most likely purchase many items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 🐟🍟fish and chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe. To make 🐟🍟fish and chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) you only need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas):
- You need 500 g (1 lb) of potatoes, peeled and cut into proper chips.
- Provide 350 g (12 oz) of white fish (cod,haddock, panga…).
- Get of For the Batter.
- Get 75 g (1/2 cup) of plain flour 4 tbsp cornflour or (corn starch).
- Take 2 tsp of baking powder 1/2 tsp salt.
- Provide 125 ml (1/2 cup) of water or milk or beer.
- Provide of For the Curry Sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of oil 1/2 onion, finely diced.
- Provide 1 of apple, peeled and finely diced 1 clove garlic, minced.
- Take 1/2 tsp of curry powder 1 tbsp plain flour.
- Get 150 ml of vegetable stock Salt & black pepper to taste.
- You need of For the Mushy Peas.
- Take 250 g of frozen Peas 1tblsp butter.
- Take 2 sprigs of mint (chopped).
- Provide to taste of freshly ground black pepper & salt.
Instructions to make 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas):
- #CHIPS: Blanche the chips in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh with cold water and drain again. Fry the chips at 150°C for 3 minutes. Drain, then fry again at 180°C for 8-10 minutes until golden brown..
- #FISH: Sieve the flour and cornflour into a bowl, then add the baking powder and salt. Add any optional spices into the batter, then add the liquid. Beat to a smooth batter. Dip the fish into the batter ensuring it is well covered. Fry the fish at 200°C for about 5 minutes (maybe a little more) until the batter is crisp and golden. Serve hot ♨️ with chips, curry sauce and mushy peas..
- #CURRY_SAUCE Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, and add the onion, apple and garlic. Cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes, until everything is very soft. Add the curry powder and flour, and mix well. Then pour over the stock and add plenty of black pepper..
- Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until the mixture is thick and the vegetables have cooked right down. Your sauce will probably be quite chunky, so if you’d prefer a smoother sauce, just give it a quick blitz with an immersion blender. This will thicken it up a bit too. I half-blended mine, so it was quite thick, but there was still some texture..
- #Mushy_Peas Cover the peas with water in a shallow pan and place on a medium to high heat Bring the water to a boil, cover the pan, and allow the peas to simmer for 3 minutes Drain the peas and transfer to a bowl Add the butter and mint and mash with a potato masher and season to taste..
- #Tips I like to add pepper, paprika and garlic powder into my batter just to give it that little something extra. The oil needs to be nice and hot for frying the fish otherwise your batter will be soggy..
If you find this 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.