Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably buy lots of food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fragrant curried fish pie recipe. You can cook fragrant curried fish pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Provide of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- Take 1 bag of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- Prepare 425 g of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- Get 100 g of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- Provide 150 ml of coconut milk,.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs,.
- You need 20 ml of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- You need 1 handful of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- Use 2 of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- Get 1 of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- Take 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of fenugreek,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Use of Olive oil Frylight.
- Take of Note:.
- You need of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
Instructions to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).
If you find this Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.