Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Spiced parsnip soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spiced parsnip soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced parsnip soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced parsnip soup recipe. To cook spiced parsnip soup you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced parsnip soup:
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Use 1 of small onion.
- Provide 4 of parsnips.
- Use 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- Take 1 teaspoon of whole cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes (adjust to taste).
- Get 500 ml of stock.
- You need 3 handfuls of leafy greens (I used broad bean tops).
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
Instructions to make Spiced parsnip soup:
- Rough chop the vegetables..
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once they start to pop add the garlic, onions and turmeric..
- Cook the onions for a few minutes before adding the rest of the vegetables and stock..
- Put a lid on the pan and leave it to boil until the vegetables are cooked..
- Mash the vegetables with a potato masher. If you prefer a smoother soup you could blend it here..
- Add the leafy greens and coconut milk and continue cooking..
- Enjoy! Maybe even with a sandwich..
If you find this Spiced parsnip soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.