Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Potato and Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Potato and Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked potato and beans recipe. To make baked potato and beans you need 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Potato and Beans:
- Provide 2 of potatoes.
- Take 160 g of bacon lardons.
- You need 160 g of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- Take 130 g of red kidney beans.
- Prepare 125 g of butter beans.
- Take 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated/crushed.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, peeled but whole.
- Use 1 tsp of chipotle paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use 70 g of tomato paste.
Instructions to make Baked Potato and Beans:
- Pre heat an oven to 200°C fan..
- Create a bed of salt and generously season with pepper. drizzle olive oil over each potato and roll in the salt and pepper bed until each one is generously covered..
- Put on a baking tray into the oven for 30mins, then reduce the heat to 170°C to cook for another 60mins..
- With 30mins remaining on the potatoes. remove the tray from the oven. add a handful of kidney beans to the tray, little drizzle with olive oil and then season with salt. return the tray to the oven for the last 30mins..
- Meanwhile, prepare the chipotle stock. boil a kettle. add 170ml boiled water to the tomato paste, chipotle paste, cayenne pepper and vegetable stock cube. mix well till the stock cube has dissolved..
- Heat a medium size pan with matching lid and add the bacon lardons. brown them until slightly crunchy. once done, remove them from the pan but retain the pain and any juices..
- Return the pan to the heat. once the bacon fat is hot, add the shallots and brown them..
- Once the shallots are browned, add the garlic. cook for no more than 30s as the fat will be very hot and can quickly burn the garlic..
- Once the garlic is lightly browned quickly add the tinned tomatoes and stir well. use this chance to deglaze the base of the pan also..
- Add the bacon and any collected juices back to the pan. stir then add the stock and 1tbsp of sugar. mix well reduce heat and stir in all the beans..
- Cover and cook for 20-25mins, stirring occasionally. add more boiled water if you find it is drying out too much.
- Meanwhile grate plenty of cheese..
- Once the potatoes are done. remove from the oven..
- Using kitchen paper, rub the potatoes to remove as much excess salt as you can. take care as these will be hot so you may wish to use gloves..
- Slice open the potatoes and use a fork to fluff up the insides..
- To serve, pour over the beans, cover with grated cheese and sprinkle of the baked kidney beans..
If you find this Baked Potato and Beans recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.