Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Smoked bbq baked beans recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked bbq baked beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked bbq baked beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked bbq baked beans recipe. To make smoked bbq baked beans you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked bbq baked beans:
- Provide 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- You need of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- You need of Favorite bbq sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Yellow mustard.
- Prepare Half of a red onion diced.
- Get of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- Use to taste of Minced garlic.
- Take of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- Prepare of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- Provide of Wood chips of choice.
- Use of Water for pan in smoker.
Steps to make Smoked bbq baked beans:
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
If you find this Smoked bbq baked beans recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.