Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt can be a snack a lot of people take for granted. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the greatest idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. To cook country style bean soup with ribbles you only need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare of Soup.
- Use 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Use 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Use 64 oz of Water.
- Take 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- You need 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Get 1 medium of Onion.
- Use 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Use 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need of Ribbles.
- Use 1 cup of Flour.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.