Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than wholly modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can cook broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Prepare 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Get 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Use 4 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1/4 cup of flour.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 2 cups of half and half.
- Use 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- Provide 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- Use 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of pepper.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.