Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Veggie Pasta Bake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Veggie Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to veggie pasta bake recipe. You can cook veggie pasta bake using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Provide 750 g of Penna Pasta.
- Use of Olive oil (max 3 tablespoons only), plus extra for drizzling.
- Provide of Salt.
- Take of Sauce.
- Provide 2 cans of plum tomatoes (400g each).
- Provide 1 jar of pasta bolognese sauce (500g).
- Provide 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1 tsp of Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme).
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Take 3 of green chillies halved, lengthwise (medium spice level).
- Prepare 1-1.5 tbsp of sugar.
- Get of Fresh basil (leave some for garnish).
- Take of VEGGIES + SAUSAGES (dry-fried/grilled & baked).
- Use of Vegetarian sausages (I used Cauldron brand).
- You need 1 of courgette/zuchinni, chopped round then into half moons.
- Get 1 of Aubergine (medium-large), cut vertically- see pics below.
- Take 1 pack of button mushrooms, washed and medium chopped.
- You need 120 g of pack Spinach, washed.
- You need 1 of large red onion.
- Get 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of Toppings.
- Use of Fresh basil.
- Take of Cheddar and mozarella, shredded/grated.
- You need of Olive oil for drizzling.
Instructions to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius- for sausages and courgette later.
- For the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then add chopped garlic, 3 green chillies, halved. Cook until garlic is browned.
- Turn up heat slightly. Add in 2 cans of plum tomatoes, 1 jar bolognese sauce, pinch of salt, italian herbs and fresh basil. Add 1/4 cup water. Mix all until sauce comes to a boil. Then lower heat, cover and let simmer over low-medium heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Cook pasta as per pack instructions with 1 tbsp oil and salt. Drain when ready..
- While pasta sauce is simmering for the next 25 mins, put sausages in pre-heated oven. Bake as per pack instructions (mine were 20 mins). Cut courgettes into half moons. Bake for 10 mins. (I put mine in the same baking pan as the sausages and just removed them earlier, allowing sausages to finish baking). Once baked, cut sausages. Set courgettes and sausages aside..
- Cut your aubergine lengthwise. In a separate pan, on medium heat (NO OIL), place aubergine and allow to dry-fry for 7-10 mins on each side, turning occasionally, until they become slightly charred- see pic. Remove and set aside..
- Slice red onion thinly. In same pan, on medium heat, add half tbsp oil and sliced red onions. When they start to wilt, add 1tsp balsamic vinegar (see pic). This will give them a sweet taste! Allow to caramelise slightly. Remove and set aside..
- In same pan, cook your mushrooms until no longer watery. Set aside..
- Pasta tomato sauce should be ready and reduced by now. Add 1tbsp sugar to balance the taste. Mix. Add drained pasta to sauce together with the courgettes, mushrooms, sausages. Mix all. Add spinach, cover for 2 mins to allow it to wilt. Uncover. Stir all for 1 min. Remove from heat..
- Assemble! Grease your baking dish with a spray of olive oil. Pour the mixed pasta. Top with the caramelised red onions and charred aubergine. Finish with grated cheddar and mozarella all over. Add basil for garnish. See pic..
- Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 mins, until golden. Enjoy and bon appetit!.
If you find this Veggie Pasta Bake recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.