Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. Even more important than entirely modifying your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe. To cook baked bacon and onion roly poly you only need 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- Get 8 oz of bacon or ham, chopped.
- Provide 1 of red or white onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 pints of gravy.
- Take 8 oz of self raising flour.
- Take 1 pinch of each, salt & pepper.
- Provide 4 oz of suet, vegetable or beef.
- Take 1/4 pints of cold water.
- Get 4 oz of mushrooms, sliced (optional).
Steps to make Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- Fry bacon/ham in a little oil, do not brown, remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan, fry gently until transparent, if using mushrooms add at this stage, return bacon to pan..
- Add sufficient gravy to moisten, you don't want it too wet, combine and allow to cool..
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Place flour, suet and salt & pepper in a bowl, add enough water to make a firm dough..
- On a floured surface roll into a rectangle approximately 3/8 -1/4 inch thick.
- Spread cooled bacon mixture evenly over pastry leaving a half inch gap all round edge..
- Moisten edges with water, from wide side roll like a swiss roll, ensure edges are sealed, place on a greased baking sheet with the seam at the bottom..
- Cook in centre of oven for 45- 60minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve sliced with potatoes and vegetables of choice and lots of gravy.
- You can spread a thin coat of your favourite barbecue sauce on the pastry before adding the bacon mixture for added flavour..
- You can use this pastry (without the pepper) to make a jam or syrup roly poly, roll out pastry as above, spread with jam, raspberry for preference, or syrup, roll and bake as above, serve with lashings of custard..
If you find this Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.