Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. You can cook spicy indian one pot curry using 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Take of basic sauce.
- Provide of oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Use 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Use 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Take 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Get 4 each of green chillies.
- Provide 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Provide of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Provide 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Get 50 grams of black gram.
- Take 50 grams of lima beans.
- Prepare 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of water.
- You need of vegetables.
- Use 2 medium of potatoes.
- Get 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- Provide 2 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Provide 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- Take of water.
- Prepare of salt.
- Provide of masalas.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Use of salt.
- Use of finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Use 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Get of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.