Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for treats between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent choice as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you won’t need a nap after consuming almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of relaxation. Almonds typically provide a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. You can cook simple cabbage & bean soup with pork using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Take 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Use 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- You need 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Use 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Use 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Steps to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.