Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup recipe. To make vegetarian (vegan) garden vegetable and curry soup you only need 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- Use of Vegetables.
- Provide of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Take of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- You need of Celery.
- Prepare of small, Turnip.
- Take of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- Take of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- Use of small, Onion.
- Get of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- Use of Cilantro (one).
- Take of medium, Potatoes.
- Use of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- Take of basil (two).
- Use of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- Take of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- Get of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- You need of Base.
- Take of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- Prepare of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- You need of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- Take of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- Prepare of Cookware.
- Provide of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Use of Spices.
- Take of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- Prepare of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Use of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- Use of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- You need of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- Use of white pepper.
- Get of cracked, Red Pepper.
- Provide of Starch.
- Get of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- Take of Optional.
- Provide of Kale, chopped.
- Prepare of Spinach.
Instructions to make Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup:
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
If you find this Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.